For the breast guys.........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
This weekend was our waterfowl opener here in Ohio, so the boys and I got out to enjoy the beautiful weather and one of the most frustrating yet enjoyable outdoor sports that there is lol.
I had plans to just grill the mallard breast skin on like some steaks, but the one was an immature drake with a ton of pin feathers and the other's skin didn't look all that appealing, so I just breasted them out. Tossed all 4 in a zip lock back with a splash of worcheshire and soy rubbed into them and a light dusting of garlic salt.
Put in fridge overnight to make for supper. Kinda butterflied them, then "stuffed" with some cream cheese, onion and a touch of seasoning. Wrapped in bacon as tight as I could get them and some Tony c on the outside. Grilled at 400 with probes so I didn't over cook them. Also had a few bacon wrapped venison butterflies to help fill the void.....
20221023_170322.jpg
20221023_180244.jpg

20221023_170437.jpg

20221023_171003.jpg

20221023_195527.jpg

20221023_195823.jpg

20221023_195736.jpg

Attachments

• 20221023_172038.jpg
    20221023_172038.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 1
Long story short, crocs were mine. an extra pair no less lol. I showed up in crocs, shorts and a tshirt. lost the crocs, put on knee high socks and my waders. hunted, had fun with my son and headed back to the truck at which i gladly switched back to my crocs after we loaded the truck back up. I thought my attire might have been a little under dressed when we got there and it was 37 degrees, but it warmed up nicely by the time we were done. Hit the road and made it home in time for the Buckeyes game!

Reactions: Winterrider
Great looking cook. And as far as the crocs go....I have opned up deer season here in Mississippi in shorts and tennis shoes before. When its still upper 70s in November you gotta dress comfortable.
Jim

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Oh man I miss opening day so much! This brings back some amazing memories!!!! Great hunt and amazing cook, you treated it right!

Reactions: Buckeyedude
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky