Fondant Taters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
I posted this with another cook a few years back. I’m sure people are looking for side dishes and this one hits big on presents and flavor.
I’ll be serving these along side the prime rib for Christmas.

2-3 russet potatoes
1 cup chicken stock
3-4 tablespoons butter
2-3 cloves garlic, smashed
3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and pepper

In a large heavy oven proof skillet over high heat, heat vegetable oil until it shimmers.
Reduce heat to medium, add potatoes flat side down into oil and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
When golden, flip potatoes. *prior to adding butter and rosemary remove as much oil as possible. Add butter, garlic and rosemary. Baste tops with butter using rosemary as a mop let other side of potatoes get golden, 5 more minutes.
Add chicken stock to the skillet and place in the oven. Bake until tender, 25-30 minutes.
Top with fresh rosemary, salt & pepper and serve.

50748122667_ff9d322d68_c.jpg

50748022361_1d2eb1de0d_c.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky