Foiling Juice...Chef JimmyJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Interesting about meat down in the foil - I will have to give that a shot. I'm trying this foiling sauce for the first time right now...and I can't wait to taste the results!

Hey there! I'm making my first pork butt on Wed. and have got some questions I hope you can answer for me.   I've got this recipe printed (foil juice), but I also found your recipe (diff thread) for finishing sauce.  Which do you prefer on pulled pork?   Also, with the foil juice recipe, I see that you add half of the sauce to the second stage of smoking when you wrap/cover the butt.  Do you do the same with the finishing sauce, or just simply add it at the end?  If you add it at the end, do you add anything to the foil/aluminum pan for the second stage of smoking, such as apple juice?   Lastly, for a 4.33 pound but, about how long should I plan to smoke at 250 degrees?  Thank you so much for any tips you can give me! I really appreciate it!

Hey there, one other question. Sorry.  If my Boston Butt ends up being done early and I need to put it in a cooler to keep warm, should I remove it from the foil pan with all the foil juice and meat juices and wrap tight in a fresh piece of clean foil, or just leave it in the aluminum pan and in all the juices while it sits/rests?  Thanks again for the advice.

Take the meat out of the juice. Foil it in clean aluminum. Let it rest for a while in a cooler and some old towels. It will hold the heat for a couple of hours. Take the reserve liquid and try to let it separate off the fat. You can mix that with you other stuff and mix into the pulled meat. Only mix in enough to make it moist but not drippy. Keep the reserve for leftovers. Yummy,

I tried this out on my very first time smoking spare ribs.   Turned out incredible.  Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Where has THIS been all my life? The weather is supposed to be decent this weekend so I'm planning on doing some SLR's for me and some BB's for my lady. Will post later with the results.

I've learned so much from you vets on here and if the Chef's Foiling Sauce is anywhere near as good as his Finishing Sauce I'm sure these ribs will be my best yet!

Thanks you Chef Jimmy J!

Where has THIS been all my life? The weather is supposed to be decent this weekend so I'm planning on doing some SLR's for me and some BB's for my lady. Will post later with the results.

I've learned so much from you vets on here and if the Chef's Foiling Sauce is anywhere near as good as his Finishing Sauce I'm sure these ribs will be my best yet!

Thanks you Chef Jimmy J!

It is amazing. You won't be dissappointed

What type of molasses are you suppose to use for this foil sauce? Also, I assume you typically use this when you wrap your ribs for the 2 hours correct? Also is this super sweet? I like spicy things but don’t mind sweet, as long as it’s not super sweet.

Blackstrap is preferred but any works. Add heat to taste.Add when you wrap. Yes it is sweet but a couple tablespoons ACV can calm the sweetness...JJ

Okay I’m trying your foil juice today for my NFL draft party. I went with the Cane syrup (Steens) and I had Brer Rabbit Molasses (Mild Flavor). What do you guys use or have tried for the option of Cane syrup, Corn Syrup or honey?

I like cane syrup but it is not available where I live in a tiny town. Both honey and dark corn syrup work well. These are sweet. Add 2 TABS ACV if you want to mellow the sweetness...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky