Flat Top Ground Brisket Street Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
This is a first me cooking ground meat tacos on the flat top. Plenty of fajitas and such but wanted to try something new.

Grabbed a couple pounds of brisket I had ground up a few months back out of the freezer and got it thawed. Gotta use corn tortillas for this. 8 TBS of tx smoker tx smoker taco seasoning.
taco3.jpg

Sprinkled in a couple TBS at a time of the seasoning and mixed well with the spatula. Squirt some water on the flat top here and there to get everything together.
taco4.jpg

Moved the taco meat over to the right side where the burner wasn't lit to keep it warm. Throw a corn tortilla on the flat top with a little oil. Once one side looks good turn it over. I applied a little shredded cheese and then taco meat and folded it over. Spatula works as a good tool to help form the taco shell.
taco5.jpg

Give them another min or so and you are good to go. Repeat process until taco meat is gone.
taco6.jpg

Ended up with this plus maybe another 5 tacos worth the kids wanted on flour tortillas.
taco7.jpg

Plate em up. Added some cilantro, lettuce, and queso fresco cheese. Some refried beans and Mexican rice and we are in business.
taco2.jpg

These were honestly the best taco's I have ever made. Wife and the guests went nuts over them. The ground brisket, the homemade taco seasoning, and the crisped corn tortillas cooked on the griddle made a HUGE difference. Off the chain good I would highly recommend trying this out if you have a chance. Thanks for checking it out.

John

Wow John, those tacos look spectacular. Have not had tacos around here for a week or so and are due to make some. Might just have to dig around in the freezer and see if I have any brisket to grind up. Nice job my friend!!

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
John those look and sound amazing! I’ve been loving the Mexican flavors lately. I’ll be trying this on my Blackstone. It sure does make the tortillas good when they are fried in some grease too.

Damn those tacos look amazing John! It’s great how a few small tweaks when making tacos take them from good to great!

I’ve been meaning to frying up some birria tacos now that I have a griddle.

Boy howdy does that plate ever look scrumptious John, hig Like! Kinda makes me feel like turning on some mariachi tunes, but alas, I don't have any. RAY
tenor.gif

yumm!!!! I'll take a plate over here John! Nothing beats ground brisket in my opinion! I'm sure Roberts seasoning mix is delicious! Nice work man!

Nice job. People praise Fajitas, Carne Asada, Al Pastor. But Ground Beef Tacos dont get enough credit. Made with a great seasoning blend, they are very good...JJ

Wow John, those tacos look spectacular. Have not had tacos around here for a week or so and are due to make some. Might just have to dig around in the freezer and see if I have any brisket to grind up. Nice job my friend!!

Robert

Thanks Robert. I am telling you your taco seasoning is epic. Really adds another dimension of flavor to the stuff. Way better than that crap out of a packet from the grocery. Appreciate it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky