Flame Boss Firebox Controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pianov

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Just east of Tampa, Florida
Has anyone installed and used a Flame Boss firebox controller? I just stumbled across this unit today while surfing the internet. I have a wood-fired manually controlled offset masonry smoker. It holds temp pretty well after it is warmed up, but really good control like it seems this type of unit might offer would be a dream! Just curious if anyone has used one and what the experience was like. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 29
I used the WiFi version for its maiden voyage @Bags101 house on his WSM 18,Bags is a gadget guy by nature.I will say they are slick,hold temp very well and the graphing is really cool.There are a few other brands that have small differences in features also.However,I don't see a huge advantage on a smoker that will hold temp easily on it's own as they will only prolong the inevitable fact that the coals will die.
If you are a gadget guy and have disposable income,research the different brands and go for it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky