First UDS build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

somerset

Original poster
Jul 10, 2017
Here is my first UDS build, have 2nd cook on it going now, I have owned many smokers over the years big money ones and cheaper ones but this by far is the most simple and easy to build and cook on I have tried.  The first ribs I done on it was awsome... I had to buy step drill bit and all the hardware and still only have around 100.00 in it so far.  Now that I have the bit I think I could build one from scratch for about 60.00 total.  I have ordered some handles for the sides and top so I can give my weber grill its handle back...  I put castor wheels under it and bought a small grill from walmart for 7.00 to use as a charcoal basket I just drilled holes in it so it got good air and it works great.  I wish I had built one of these years ago.... 

No deflector I dont feel like need one, and yes I will vac out the ashes till I make up my mind to build a basket, I think I am going to do a 35 gal next and try the hanging meat way see which I like more.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky