First Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hhrabovsky21

Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Peculiar, MO
Hey Everybody I am really new at this stuff, I did a brisket last weekend that turned out pretty good, but have some questions about turkey breast, I know about brineing, but not sure about anything else, do you do a rub like you do on beef, or do you just throw it in there, any wood better than anyother wood, I dont care for hickory or mesquite, any help would be great.

Henry

Henry I usually rub the turkey breast with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pecan wood is very good with any type of meat.

That sounds realy good right now, cant wait, but I just relized I did'nt ask important questions like How long to cook is it the same as a whole turkey 30-40 min, and what should be the final temp? I just got my tayler therm. today.
Thanks Henry

Henry -

Go here:

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Poultry.htm

Also check the download secion for times and temperatures. Don't plan on a 30 minute smoke plan on 3 to 4 hours or until the internals temps are up to 170 degrees F.

Marvin and I use about the same seasoning but I gotta add some cajun spice (I swear I'm hooked on that stuff).

PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

Henry - good luck on your first smoked turkey breast. Don't forget to post some q-vue so we can all salivate over your grub!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky