• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Turkey Breast

hhrabovsky21

Joined Mar 17, 2007
Hey Everybody I am really new at this stuff, I did a brisket last weekend that turned out pretty good, but have some questions about turkey breast, I know about brineing, but not sure about anything else, do you do a rub like you do on beef, or do you just throw it in there, any wood better than anyother wood, I dont care for hickory or mesquite, any help would be great.

Henry

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Henry I usually rub the turkey breast with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pecan wood is very good with any type of meat.

hhrabovsky21

Joined Mar 17, 2007
That sounds realy good right now, cant wait, but I just relized I did'nt ask important questions like How long to cook is it the same as a whole turkey 30-40 min, and what should be the final temp? I just got my tayler therm. today.
Thanks Henry

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Henry -

Go here:

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Poultry.htm

Also check the download secion for times and temperatures. Don't plan on a 30 minute smoke plan on 3 to 4 hours or until the internals temps are up to 170 degrees F.

Marvin and I use about the same seasoning but I gotta add some cajun spice (I swear I'm hooked on that stuff).

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Henry I forgot to mention that injecting that breast with creole and butter is also very good.

yardman65

Joined Nov 25, 2007
Hi folks, Boy did I log on at the right time as I am ready to attempt a turkey breast. Here is a the information I need just waiting for me. Thanks to you all.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 29, 2007
Henry - good luck on your first smoked turkey breast. Don't forget to post some q-vue so we can all salivate over your grub!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.