First Time Venison Ring Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just some FYI.

If you order the lebanon bologna mix from them you will need to mix, stuff smoke the same day. Dont let the meat or chubs rest overnight in the fridge as they use ECA in this mix.
Good to know thank you! Does the ECA come in a separate package as I've read your supposed to add it in the last minute of mixing so to not break apart the encapsulation?

Good to know thank you! Does the ECA come in a separate package as I've read your supposed to add it in the last minute of mixing so to not break apart the encapsulation?
Normally the ECA is in a bag. Dont know why Pitts but it right into the mix.
Yes mix ECA in by hand so it dont break

That's one heck of a nice job! Looks delicious. Depending on what part of Pa. you live in, I may be over for a sample or five!! :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: slavikborisov
I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but you did an outstanding job. The sliced shot with the mustard seeds is exactly the way I like my bologna to look.... I'm overdue for making some, this might have pushed me over the edge.

Reactions: slavikborisov
How long have you had the LEM motorized stuffer? I bought the 30# motorized stuffer 2 1/2 years ago and love it. Even stuffs snack sticks without a hitch.
Just bought it a few months ago along with the rest of my equipment lol but i love it so far!

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but you did an outstanding job. The sliced shot with the mustard seeds is exactly the way I like my bologna to look.... I'm overdue for making some, this might have pushed me over the edge.
Thank you!!

Nice I was just out there recently at the rural king because they said they had lumber jack pellets but turns out they were all sold out so I ended up
getting their brand ….pretty nice store though!

Yup. Very new store.

very nice work, I would be curious to see more on your custom pellet smoker. Did you happen to do a thread on that or keep any documentation of your build?

Yep!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky