FIRST TIME TERRINE.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 1, 2016
winnipeg. canada
A big thank you to Snorkelinggirl for posting such detailed write up way back when even i could follow. And i finely did. Got all my ingredients together... 20201115_083332.jpg For my first time followed the instructions pretty close. All the players ready for the pool. Turn on the heat on low and bring up to gentle simmer. 20201115_124842.jpg Must have taken 5 hrs. or more to get it to my liking. Picked out the meat,strain and reduce the broth,mixed and let set overnight. Had some somefor lunch and it outstanding! 20201116_115914.jpg Slice of rye bread, onions in white vinegar and adult beverage... 20201116_115901.jpg Give it a go. you will not be disapointed.

Looks good to me. Read her recipe. Think I give it a go. Walmart says the have the Split Pork Feet in stock by work. I think Fiesta Mart might have Fresh ham hocks.

Last edited:
Very nice. It looks very good.
I've not had a well made Terrine since I retired. I taught production to my students but while my family has tried it, they are not crazy about the Texture so have not made one in awhile.
Growing up, ZIMNE NOGI Polish Jellied Pigs Feet was a common food while Grandma was alive. Ate it the same way, Rye bread, Onion, White Vinegar and a bit of Horseradish...JJ

I've not had a well made Terrine since I retired. I taught production to my students but while my family has tried it, they are not crazy about the Texture so have not made one in awhile.
Growing up, ZIMNE NOGI Polish Jellied Pigs Feet was a common food while Grandma was alive. Ate it the same way, Rye bread, Onion, White Vinegar and a bit of Horseradish...JJ
Tkank you chef jimmyj. I have chopped the meat in medium chunks to have more of a bite. Just wish I used more of the broth. Aw well there is next time. Hope I remember. Good thing I keep notes.

Reactions: chef jimmyj

Boy there's a memory:
One of the Bars I used to haunt (Gruvers in Richlandtown) used to have a Jar of "Pickled Pigs Feet" on the bar next to the "Pickled Hot Bologna", and the "Pickled Eggs".
Don't know if they still do.

Bear

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky