First time Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fudley

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Sarasota Florida USA
Well I thought what have I got to loose except 2 7# Prime Ribs. I rubbed them with EVOO and did the sea salt and fresh ground black pepper as a rub. I also added just a hint of Jeff's rib rub and put them in the smok'r at 220 with the thin blue smoke of orange wood. I pulled them at 120 and tented them.These are to die for. The orange wood impartes a delicate fruity flavor that goes very well with the prime rib. Here are some teaser pics more to come.There is also a pic of the pig skinnies. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Bud

Ps without the help of the wonderful people on this forum this would have not been possible----------THANKS AGAIN
b599031e_vbattach15514.jpg

f9ae122f_vbattach15513.jpg

d2934dd7_vbattach15512.jpg

f2e020f5_vbattach15511.jpg

Dang Fudley I might have to drive down there for some of that stuff! I looks awsome - I love that orange flavor. Been saving what I got left for poultry, but it is good on bacon too!

Fudley DOOD! <High FIVE!> Damm, We got prime and loins all OVER this place this weekend... We're becoming snobby Q'ers round this joint!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky