First time prime rib roast on grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stingh2

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. Last night I made my first prime rib roast on the grill. Thanks to everyone on this forum and their wonderful advice,it came out Amazing. The whole family enjoyed it. Here a few photos.
Bill
IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG

looks great Bill, nice job. what did you put on it. it looks interesting. we just got done eating one I did on the pitboss. I used olive oil, horseradish, rosemary, garlic salt and pepper.

Reactions: jcam222
Thank you all for the positive comments. After trimming the meat I did a dry brine consisting of kosher salt, onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika and then finished off with cracked pepper. Let it sit in refrigerator overnight. Then before grilling mixed butter with fresh cut thyme, rosemary and fresh garlic and applied all over the roast, added more cracked pepper on top. Then in she went.

Man you nailed that!! I’ll be doing a few in the coming week or two. Hope mine look like that!! What was the rub and coating on the outside

I’ll take a 2 inch thick slice please!

Nice work, I would commit that to a recipe card!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky