First time Pork Top Loin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camox413

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 14, 2016
Hey guys,

I've never tried these before but they were buy one get one free and nearly 5 lbs each so I thought what the hell, I'm sure they'll taste good smoked. I've applied a different rub on each one and put them back in the fridge to sit overnight.

Can anyone give me any tips on smoking these guys? I assume 225 degrees for X amount of hours till what IT?

Last edited:
That's part of a pork loin and is very lean.  You can cook it at whatever temp you like, but don't let the IT go above 145!  I would remove it at 140 and let it rest up to 145ish.  It will be awesome.

Mike

Thanks for the information guys. Sounds like it should be a pretty easy smoke.

Al, that looks wonderful! I might even fix up a similar side.

Turned out really good! Here's a few quick pictures that I snapped before we ate.

Looks excellent! Don't let the pinkness scare you, it is fully cooked.  
points1.png

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky