first time pork spareribs in the cedar smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinsuds

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
SW WA
Had some spareribs on sale so I decided to take a whack at smoking up a few for dinner last night. I did an overnight marinade brine concocted of all sorts of goods and followed the 321 method of smoking. Used a blend of hickory,mesquite and alder for smoke n ran temp between 225-250. Here are some process pictures and I must say, pretty damned taste they were.
Getting ready to rinse and dry

Gotta have a money shot when your smokehouse looks that sexy ;) 

Just going on...

3 hours in made the tin boat n soaked em in apple juice with a splash of whiskey

5 hours in back on for a touch more smoke

they were going fast but managed a picture

look at that savory flavor

fall off the bone melt in your mouth delicious [emoji]128523[/emoji] 

Reactions: gary s
You are correct bk. They were country style ribs... package said spareribs but my old man corrected me. As for the recipe,it was a mix n match. I'd have to go through the spice rack and fridge and cupboards to get a general idea of the concoction lol. They turned out though. I come from a long line of smokers but I'm fairly new to it. Done lots of salmon, a turkey, pork chops, new York steak n these ribs. Ain't even broke the old girl in yet! I'll see if I can duplicate the recipe so I can share. Happy smokin!

Nice looking CSR's  Beautiful Color   Congrats on a great smoke   
points.gif

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky