First time LandJager

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Domie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
This was my first try at charcuterie and a workout for the newly converted Pepsi cooler. I did a small batch of LandJager semidry sausage.
Stayed in the charcuterie chamber for 30 days. Picked up some molds. I figure the whites were from the other product I added in the following month that had mold 600 on them. Where the other ones came from . . who knows.
Very pleasant sausage. No case hardening. After casing removal, it was a nice clean surface. Good solid feel and nice and buttery on the palate.
Kinda ugly but . . .sure goes down easy!

Attachments

• land1.JPG
    land1.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 43
  • land2.JPG
    land2.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 43
I can eat up some landjager.

Haven't had any in a while. Seeing your pic's makes me want to go down to the butcher shop and get a pound.

Not ugly at all. In fact it looks nice. Beautiful color, fat distributed well.... I am sure it tastes great!
What was temperature/humidity in your curing chamber?
thanks! It is tasty.
Chamber was at 56 deg. and I was fighting with high humidity, so average was 86%. I think I put too much product in there too fast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky