First Snow---Big one on the way!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think this ones staying south of us. We may see a light dusting.

Chris

I think this ones staying south of us. We may see a light dusting.

Chris

We ended up with about 2 1/2" today, but they're still calling for 12" to 18", starting at Noon Wednesday & ending at 9 AM on Thursday.

Bear

Dang. That’s a lot. Keep us updated

they're still calling for 12" to 18", starting at Noon Wednesday & ending at 9 AM on Thursday.

Apparently that's pretty much forecast here as a coastal storm.

Didn't even use the snowblower once last year.I guess that won't be the case this year!

We ended up with about 2 1/2" today, but they're still calling for 12" to 18", starting at Noon Wednesday & ending at 9 AM on Thursday.

Bear
It's sounding like we will get any where from 2" to 6" depending on what station we listen to. I'll take it compared to what you're getting dumped on!

It's sounding like we will get any where from 2" to 6" depending on what station we listen to. I'll take it compared to what you're getting dumped on!

Yup---I'm no better than they are at predictions, but I'm saying we'll get about 16", between Noon Wednesday & 9 AM Thursday.
We have 2 1/2" on the ground now from yesterday's snow. (Below)

Bear
Yesterday's Snow:
IMG_6424.jpeg

Reactions: jaxgatorz
they're still calling for 12" to 18", starting at Noon Wednesday & ending at 9 AM on Thursday.
that would be a dreamy forecast for us! Send it over to SLC! we have had a couple 1-3" skiffs - ready for a dumper!

I'm used to snow and cold, but i don't enjoy it anymore except for a little ice fishing.

I live in a snow belt, lots of lake effect snow.

Tractor with bucket sure does come in handy.

Don't think we'll get much from this storm.

Looks pretty in a photo, but I would not want to be there. It’s cold to our standards down here, but it’s all relative!
Al

Are those snow cones on your sidewalk?

LOL---I put those on the walk, because I don't like people coming to the front door.
We never use it. We leave the garage door open all day, every day, as long as we're home. Sometimes they still walk through the yard to go around the cones. A foot or 2 of snow helps---We just don't shovel the walk. Then they get the hint to use the garage door. We even have a sign on the door, inside the garage that says "Put delivery here", with an arrow pointing down.
They'll be snow cones tomorrow. LOL. :emoji_mask:

Bear

Reactions: GATOR240
I'm with ya bear!

How much are you supposed to get up there, with this one???

Bear

Its snowing now here in Northern Arkansas. Same storm that’s heading your way Bear!
My kids love the snow, and I don’t mind it either! Can’t wait for a snowball fight!

You guys should keep it all this time. It will melt a lot faster down there.
Looking at the future forecast, our "High" temps over the next 2 weeks don't go above 36°, so this snow will be around here for a long time!!!

Bear

yippie skippy thanks bear definatley not looking forward to this i live in the skook 25 mi north of you used to like it as a kid now 59 definaley a pita now!

Thank You Willy!!

Bear

Stay warm bear. Like you I have been "fortunate" to spend a little time at ft gordon. Went to basic at ft benning though and that was a real "treat" lol

Thank You Jake!!
I never had the pleasure of Benning.
Went to Bragg, Monmouth, Dix, Gordon, Vietnam, Schofield, Hood ----Home!!
All kinds of fun in only 3 years!!!

Bear

How much are you supposed to get up there, with this one???

Bear
last i seen 12-18 so we'll probably get 25 :emoji_laughing: hopefully it will go more out to sea so we get less but it's not looking that way, what are they calling for down your way. looks like ya actually got more then we did Monday.

last i seen 12-18 so we'll probably get 25 :emoji_laughing: hopefully it will go more out to sea so we get less but it's not looking that way, what are they calling for down your way. looks like ya actually got more then we did Monday.

5" to 8" today, and 8" to 12" tonight.
I figure we'll get about 16" all total, by 10 AM tomorrow.

Remember---Don't eat yellow Snow!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky