First Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jm12478

Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Hello. I am new to the smoking world. I have been using a Brinkman Electric smoker for some time. It serves me well, but I'd like to invest in a wood burning smoker. My budget now is in line with the offsets offered at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. My question is, can I get good results with these models, or should I stick with the electric for now and save my pennies for a proper smoker? Thanks

Welcome to the site jm12478 you will find all the people on this site a very helpful and very knowledgeable. Sorry i do not know much on the off set but see a lot of people use them here . Me myself i use a pellet (style smoker trager). But i am sure someone can help ya.
Welcome papa t Michigan

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

A lot of guys on here use the OK Joe offset.

There are some mods that need to be made, but for the price they seem pretty good.

Al

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky