first smoker fridge conversion

Discussion in 'Fridge/Freezer Builds' started by trailblazin02, Jan 14, 2015.

1. So ive been lurking here for a while and finally took the plunge and started searching for a local fridge to tear into and came across this and talked them down to $50
    I'm hoping this work out. I haven't seen it in person yet

2. madman mike

madman mike Smoking Fanatic

SCORE!!!!!

does it have a metal door liner?

3. frybob

frybob Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

4. I'm not sure about the door yet. I should be going to check it out tonight to make sure it'll work out. If not I've got a buddy that can make me a new skin for the door I'm sure

5. So I'm back to working on my fridge build. It's all torn down and i got some mineral wool to reisulate the entire thing today.
    What would be the best material and thickness to replace the plastic that was on the door.

6. What would be the best gauge of steel sheeting to redo the inside of my fridge door

7. So this is where I am currently. The bottom is rotted out so now I'm looking to remove and replace that section plus re insulate with rockwool.
    I feel like I'm trying to restore an old muscle car now lol.
    I can't wait to cook in the dang thing!

8. 18-20 gauge should work for the door. Building a fridge is fun. When I'm at work 14 days a month all I do is want to smoke stuff. I haven't got around to posting my build, not too savvy at uploading pics