• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Smoked Chicken

desert smokin

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 1, 2007
My first foray with my GOSM was a chicken using the beer can method. Except I used the ceramic "Sittin Chicken" stand. Bird was 5 lb. and was the moistest chicken I've ever had. Used a thin coat of butter on the skin and rubbed in Kirkland Seasoning Salt from Costco. (Sea salt, paprika, onion and garlic powder, thyme, pepper,celery seed, allspice, basil, thyme and other good things.) Really made a crisp tasty coating. Due to high temps here in the sesert, I thought smoker temp control would be a problem, but things went well. I'm off to babybacks next weekend.

short one

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 9, 2007
Congrats on what sounds to be a successful smoke. Keep up the good work, and remember practice makes perfect. Good reason to smoke something else.

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Sounds great keep us posted on thos BB's

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
I think you need to send me some of the leftovers to sample and I will let you know how good it is

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.