First Smoked Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desert smokin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 1, 2007
Phoenix, Az
My first foray with my GOSM was a chicken using the beer can method. Except I used the ceramic "Sittin Chicken" stand. Bird was 5 lb. and was the moistest chicken I've ever had. Used a thin coat of butter on the skin and rubbed in Kirkland Seasoning Salt from Costco. (Sea salt, paprika, onion and garlic powder, thyme, pepper,celery seed, allspice, basil, thyme and other good things.) Really made a crisp tasty coating. Due to high temps here in the sesert, I thought smoker temp control would be a problem, but things went well. I'm off to babybacks next weekend.

Congrats, sounds awesome
wink.gif

Congrats on what sounds to be a successful smoke. Keep up the good work, and remember practice makes perfect. Good reason to smoke something else.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky