First smoke with my NEW MES30 (w/Qview)

Discussion in 'Pork' started by padronman, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Here is the the rubbed up prok cushion.  Ready for the smoker. :eek:)

[​IMG]

Here are some Spare Ribs that are going to join in the party!!!!

[​IMG]

I am trying out a new rub of my own design.  Tasted great on a stand alone basis with just the right balance of sweet/salty/heat.  Smoking with Hickory chunks and the smell on the back patio is AMAZING!

Now before you go posting Popcorn Smiley's and Snoring smiley's I will post the fisnished products as soon as they are done LOL  Just wanted to get the thread started!!  As an aside when I opened the smoker to put in the ribs the Pork Cushions had an AWESOME bark forming and a great color. 

Thanks for tuning in.....

Scott

2. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looking good Scott

Bring on the Qview

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]  I couldn't resist[​IMG]

3. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking good so far Scott!!!

We post this stuff anyway!![​IMG]

Craig

4. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

some good looking chow so far and a lot of it...enjoy the ride

5. A peek inside at the Pork Cushions.....all done and ready to come out

[​IMG]

6. A full smoker. Spares and Pork Cushion.

[​IMG]

7.  Here is the pork all pulled and waiting for consumption. Sorry for the multiple replies to myself but I couldn't get them all into one reply. Was having issues [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Ribs waiting to be cut.  All in all this was a damn fine meal. Served Sweet Baby Ray's on the side.  Ribs were fall off the bone tender. Pork cushions were soft and moist.  LOVED my rub. [​IMG]

9. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job! Everything looks delicious!   [​IMG]

10. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

Looks good. I have an MES30 as well and I was wondering how long did the three cushions take and what temp did you take them to?

11. I smoked them for 6 hours to an internal temp of 195F.  Let it rest and pulled it at 204F  Came out moist and tender. 

12. Great looking grub, I smoked some ribs on Fathers day, but they were still just a bit tough when we ate them, I just used a store bought seasoning salt called Johnnys, and also some Granulated Garlic.

Hope I'm not being to forward here, but is there any chance you would share your rub recipe. I'm fairly new here and new at smoking, and would love to gather rubs etc for my recipe list.

Thanks Rich-

13. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking food.  [​IMG]

One tip I got from this site when I first got my MES30 was to cover the water pan with foil.  Helps a bunch on clean up!! 

14. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Job!!!

Nice BearView too!!!

Thanks for showing,

Bear

15. Done and did.....I also foiled the drip pan and the bottom of the smoker.  Thanks for the compliments too.....much appreciated. [​IMG]

16. Private Message sent Rich. [​IMG]

17. ugaboz

ugaboz Smoking Fanatic

nice

18. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looks great from here Scott!!!!!

Have a great day!!

Craig