• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First smoke under my belt, I'M HOOKED!!!!

providence

Joined Jan 3, 2014
Hi all and thanks to those who helped with my initial rookie questions. My first smoke was a big success. For those interested: I took a 2.5 lbs. pork loin, butterflied it open and then rubbed the inside and outside with a mixture of fresh parsley, fresh sage, fresh rosemary, orange zest, red pepper flake, salt, fresh cracked black pepper and olive oil. Then I wrapped the whole thing in pancetta and tied it up. I let that all sit in a plastic bag in the fridge for 6 hours. I then smoked it between 225 and 250 for most of the time, though it did creep up to about 270 for a bit. After 2.5 hours it was up to 145 degrees, which is when I took it out (pancetta was crispy too). If I had kept it a bit cooler it obviously would have taken longer, which would have been fine by mine. I was using pecan wood chips for this (and it was all done on my 18.5" weber smokey mountain). It was delicious and I am happy to have my first smoke under my belt. 

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Looks deliciously excellent, nice work!

link

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 7, 2008
That looks really good. I am glad it came out well for you.

providence

Joined Jan 3, 2014
I forgot to add that the "paste" I rubbed inside and out contained two cloves of fresh chopped garlic. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.