First smoke this pass weekend AWSOME

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey lambert

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
New Hampshire
Hi all. Smoked my first pork butt and chicken thighs yesterday. It was awsome
yahoo.gif
 Started the just shy of 10# pork at 1 am. Checked on it and added more hickory and put the thighs in at 6 am. Here is a "Q" at  10am ish.

3a7ffdfb_csmk.jpg

Took the thighs off, they were done. Kept the pork in for a couple more hours. Was going to take some pix after I had pulled but really didn't have time. It was well on its way to being gone. Everyone loved it. Thanks for all the info and advice her folks.
thumb1%20copy.gif
 couldn't have done it with out yah.

Welcome to your newest addiction!  Thank you so much for joining, and look forward to seeing that beautiful smoker all dirty and dripping, lol!

Nice looking chicken .. That is on my list , have my son here on vacation, and we are hitting the MES hard ... Jerky today or tomorrow .. Bought a whole beef filet for $5.00 a pound a few months ago to give to the jerky gods, and it is calling to me from the freezer.

Ross

The Bird and Pork looks great...

FILET JERKY!?!  Wholey Smokes Ross, I been waiting for Top Round to go on sale!...Filet I'd be eating Med-Rare with some Herb Butter or Seared Foie Gras on top...JJ

Last edited:
All of it sounds delicious. The pulled pork and thighs look like they were excellent!Lots of good things will be coming off that smoker! Great work!

Got home yesterday evening from work and was thinking about grabbing some left overs. The family left me maybe a cup of pulled pork....LoL !!!! Apparently it was a big hit. Next time I'll do 2 butts so I can have some left overs. LoL Thanks again all. Happy smokin!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky