First smoke in a while. Finally got some of my Pastrami done/ Updated with a Reuben

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
Well I haven't been on here very much lately and my smoking as been slow as well. Had a funeral to go to in southern MN  on my wife's side so we were out of town for several days  but I had one last day off last Wed. before I had to head back  to work so  I decided to smoke up a couple of Pastrami. I soaked them for a little over 4.5 hours then rubbed them up and threw them on the smoker. These were on sale for $1.99lb over St Patties day so I was itching to to smoke them up. I still have 4 in the freezer which are a better quality than these where. These had a lot of fat that I trimmed off. Here is the Qview.

All trimmed up and ready to soak.

5be95c9d_DSC00443.jpg

Here is what I rubbed them with.

1ab62c01_DSC00444.jpg

All rested and ready to hit the UDS.

cab637c9_DSC00445.jpg

b712a7de_DSC00446.jpg

Horrible sliced picture here. I was going to let them rest over night and then slice them on my slicer in the morning  but I guess I had to many beverages and decided  to cut  into  them that night and sample them. Some are sliced thick, some thin, some cubed. ??????????? What can you do.

960bcdb8_DSC00455.jpg

Its now Saturday and the wife is back home  for the weekend from her out of town pharmacy rotations so we are going to make up some Reuben's tonight for supper. I can't wait. I also have the smoker full of chicken legs today which will go on another post. Thanks for looking.

Update:

Here is the Reuben the wife made for me tonight. I  LOVE me a good Reuben!

8d8dbd6a_DSC00446-1.jpg

Last edited:
. I was going to let them rest over night and then slice them on my slicer in the morning  but I guess I had to many beverages and decided  to cut  into  them that night and sample them. Some are sliced thick, some thin, some cubed. ??????????? What can you do.

I don't see a problem there!

It looks awesome and I bet thick, thin or cubed it all tasted good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky