First Smoke for total newbie!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Season your smoker then I personally will suggest doing a pork butt. Butts are about the most forgiving meat. You can smoke them at about any them from slow to high. See the recipe in the sig below to help get you started.

We all love to see pic's, so show us what you came up with!
Awesome! Your recipe is much appreciated!

I gotta agree with pork butt. There is no more forgiving piece of meat in this universe than a butt. That way, your first cook on your new smoker will be a success. Or you could try something a bit more difficult. Then you might well match my first smoke. At least my old hound, Roxy, was more than happy with what came out of my smoker that day--she got to eat it all.
Gary
Yay Roxy!:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Season your smoker then I personally will suggest doing a pork butt. Butts are about the most forgiving meat. You can smoke them at about any them from slow to high. See the recipe in the sig below to help get you started.

We all love to see pic's, so show us what you came up with!
I gotta agree with pork butt. There is no more forgiving piece of meat in this universe than a butt. That way, your first cook on your new smoker will be a success. Or you could try something a bit more difficult. Then you might well match my first smoke. At least my old hound, Roxy, was more than happy with what came out of my smoker that day--she got to eat it all.
Gary
100% with Gary and Schlotz. Most forgiving thing you can do and it’s a smoking staple. Beef ribs are pretty forgiving too but a far more expensive gamble than a butt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky