• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First smoke ever

tblake

Joined Oct 16, 2016
My wife came home with a bluetooth mes 30 in october. I have never smoked meat before so i hit up google for some info. Found this site and tons of info on my new smoker and best way to use it. I ordered the amnps, a maverick et-732 and pellets. I finally unboxed the smoker, put it together and seasoned it friday afternoon. So i went out saturday and got a 9lb butt and used a dry rub recipe i found on here on it. Started the mes up at 1:00a.m sunday morning. Butt went in about 1:30a.m and came out at about 3:30p.m. I wrapped it in foil and towels and put it in a cooler for 2hrs to rest. I made a finishing sauce that i also found on here . The end result was awsome. My family loved it. Thank you all so much for this site and great info you guys have shared.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your PP looks fantastic!

Great job for your first smoke!

Point to you Sir!

Al

meatsweats86

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 23, 2016
Sounds like you've got the essentials and turned out some great looking Q!

Something sounds fishy here......Ones wife does not just come home with a smoker.....Please explain how I can train my wife to walk in the door with a new smoker???? She has a sh*t fit when I even mention the thought of a new smoker or anything smoker related!

I suppose walking past 3 smokers and 3 grills in the garage to her car will cause that type of reaction!

-MeatSweats

tblake

Joined Oct 16, 2016
She found it on sale for $199 and we had previously talked about getting some type of smoker. So I guess the price was right so she picked it up. I don't ask questions I just live here lol.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Looks great

and the
go to the wife 
for picking up the smoker!

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a cold and rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.  Look Like a pro to me ???

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.