First Smoke Ever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john1916

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
New York
Well, still a rookie, but no longer a virgin smoker.  I did one pork shoulder and one boston butt yesterday.  The pork shoulder was just ok but the boston butt was awesome.  Here are some pics:

Pulled after three hours wrapped in foil in a cooler.

8f36ecf8_DSC_0426.jpg

Right off the smoker at 205 degrees, so tender it split in half
icon_biggrin.gif

382dc526_IMG_0232.jpg

Good job rookie! Now the fun starts...Searching for the perfect Packer Brisket. Sorting packs of Ribs for the 4 meatiest racks. And the Family thinking your NUTS cause you want to Smoke Lasagna!...JJ

Reactions: ob 1
Once you start getting the hang of it, you want to smoke everything....

Toss out the stove. Who needs it.... hahaha

Mike

Real nice!  it gets better1

Good job rookie! Now the fun starts...Searching for the perfect Packer Brisket. Sorting packs of Ribs for the 4 meatiest racks. And the Family thinking your NUTS cause you want to Smoke Lasagna!...JJ
Smoke lasagna, lol....wait have I been accused of that by my family before? hmmm......

I'm doing one this weekend for the Kentucky Derby. Hope it looks as good as yours.

Roll Tide!

I had the smoker between 225-250, but the majority of the time it was closer to the 225 side.  It took about 14 hours to get to 205.

That is some awesome looking PP and a great first time success. Once you do a packer brisket, you'll be totally addicted!!!
Funny you should mention brisket...I'm getting into one this weekend.  Once again, any tips or rubs y'all would like to share, I sure would appreciate it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky