First smoke cheese

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by amlong88, Jan 5, 2016.

1. amlong88

amlong88 Meat Mopper

ID
    Did my first cheese today. Sharp cheddar and pepper jack. It was a small batch. Smoked for 3 hours with cherry pellets. First time using the amnst and completely love it. Still have yet to use the amnps I got for Christmas as well. Will post more pictures next time was to excited today to think of taking pictures haha. Now to let it rest 3 weeks and give it a taste.

redheelerdog likes this.
  2. mowin

mowin Master of the Pit

Oh, the loooong dreaded wait. Especially the first batch. My first batch I stuck it in the bottom drawer of the fridge, and put a towel over it.

Now I've got a project fridge. Outta sight outta mind.

3. amlong88

amlong88 Meat Mopper

ID
    I've been thinking about getting a mini fridge. Especially since there will be more projects with cold smoking going on.

4. redheelerdog

redheelerdog Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Ha!... Better get a full size!

Nice cheese.

5. xray

xray Smoking Fanatic

Good lookin cheese! Definitely a full size fridge, you'd be surprised how much room a few blocks of cheese take up.

6. amlong88

amlong88 Meat Mopper

ID
    Thank you redheelerdog I'll have to get another full size as soon as I can get some stuff out of the garage haha.
    Thank you Xray. I'm hoping that for a while a mini will work for me. So excited to have more projects

7. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

AML, You had better start another batch soon so you never run out !

8. amlong88

amlong88 Meat Mopper

ID
    Will do. Hoping to do more tomorrow.

9. amlong88

amlong88 Meat Mopper

ID
    thank you for the point. Didn't see it until today haha.

10. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

The more fridges you have the more you need. I have 3 fridges & 1 freezer. I also have a generator in case the power goes out in a hurricane. Don't want to loose all that meat & cheese.

Al

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016