First run on a new 22" kettle - Drum sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
the cheap one 79.99 not sure why the link shows it at $90.99

You will love it. Just be forwarned, those motors are damn near silent. First time I used mine, I kept checking to make sure it was spinning. I used to be able hear the Weber branded motor for the gasser from across the yard.

Reactions: clifish
You will love it. Just be forwarned, those motors are damn near silent. First time I used mine, I kept checking to make sure it was spinning. I used to be able hear the Weber branded motor for the gasser from across the yard.
Can't wait to spin a duck over real wood. I spun one on the gasser with tube and it turned out pretty good but the smoke profile is not the same as wood. I hadn't used the rotisserie on the gasser in a few years and had to take it apart to unfreeze it.

Can't wait to spin a duck over real wood. I spun one on the gasser with tube and it turned out pretty good but the smoke profile is not the same as wood. I hadn't used the rotisserie on the gasser in a few years and had to take it apart to unfreeze it.

I hear you. And you know that duck will be fantastic cooked that way.
I too was a a long time Weber gasser aficionado. I used cast iron smoker boxes with chips in the old Weber Silver B and got great results with that set up.
Then I bought the Genesis EP330 and found that the CI smoker boxes where too tall to fit between the grates and the flavorizer bars. So I went with two cheap V shaped smoker boxes. The chips burn too fast and I never could get a decent smoke profile without doing a lot of work.

I'm late on this one Cliff, some fine lookin' bird legs right off the bat! Reckon I'll finally have to break down and get the spinner, never done a duck but I've always wanted to. RAY
Score the skin, tie it up and let it go. Put a pan under it with some root veggies to baste in all that luscious rendered fat. Crank the heat up at the end and put an orange sauce on while the skin is crisping. mmmmm

Reactions: chopsaw
I was looking for a hardware kit for the lid bail and ended up with this one . I've been looking at them for a couple years . I was gonna pass , then I saw a gift card on my desk . Be here Friday .

Rich, was looking at that multi function one too.
Since Mrs. SHS can't eat pizza made with a dough crust, I figured I'd save a few bucks and just get the regular ring.
I am looking forward to seeing yours in action.

Stu

That chicken looks awesome! Got so caught up I dang near didn't even leave you a message! Glad you got yourself a kettle and I believe have almost become a Master Enabler! At least 2 people are now getting rotisserie lol!

Ryan

Never had duck . If you do that cook I'd like to see it .
here is the one I did on the gasser with a pellet tube of cherry, pretty tasty.

Reactions: chopsaw
IMG_20210501_131203151.jpg

This is a duck that was done on a kettle with a sns.

Very nice cook on the new kettle! We love drums and those look great, nice job!

The kettle has to be one of the most versatile grills of all time! I have three, one original I bought, my FIL’s that I inherited after his passing and one that someone was gonna haul off… I have two mini joes and also made a mini WSM!

Well, I guess now I sound like a kettle/Smokey Joe hoarder! 😂

Again, nice cook clifish clifish

Very nice cook on the new kettle! We love drums and those look great, nice job!

The kettle has to be one of the most versatile grills of all time! I have three, one original I bought, my FIL’s that I inherited after his passing and one that someone was gonna haul off… I have two mini joes and also made a mini WSM!

Well, I guess now I sound like a kettle/Smokey Joe hoarder! 😂

Again, nice cook clifish clifish
Thanks for the kind words! I am really going to enjoy this and all the accessories that are in or on the way :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Vortex came yesterday. The liquid tray that attaches to the Weber baskets came today (making a cheaper version of a SNS), rotisserie ring comes Friday.

Wow, your not wasting time….😂. Good for you! Awesome and many, many great cooks man…. Look forward to your posts… Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky