First run baby backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ribs look tasty,good to hear about the pellets, I thought maybe 1/2 thick steel would be over the top.:biggrin:

How did you like the pellet smoker? Was this your first smoker? I have a 40" MES 2nd generation and I'm not impressed with the uneven heat and I am thinking about switching to a pellet smoker or the Weber Smokey Mountain

looks good yummy 
thumb1.gif

So what feedback did you get. Looks good from here. Been a few years but I got 3 slabs smoking right now. The Warden bought them. Said she craving ribs. She made the rub lol said she found it on Pinterest whatever that is.

Jakester, I also have the mes40 and love it for certain things. the temp gauge is notoriously off so a maverick is needed. Ive smoked 4 briscuits at once with excellent results.

I do enjoy the learning curve on a new smoker. The pellet grill is off to a good start. all I,ve done so far is some ribs and a chicken :)

Here are a few picks of the brisky on the MES. I cut them in half, smoke them in 1/2 sheet trays and no foil.

Reactions: jakester
That's a tricky question.

The short answer is, If I could only have one, as an all around cook anything, I would have to say the pellet.

If I'm smoking I tend to smoke a large quantity. I haven't done Butts or Brisket yet on the pellet but I can fit a lot on the MES and with the cold smoke attachment I get very smokey excellent results.

So far I like the ribs and chicken better on the pellet and I'm sure steak, burgers and vegetables will be great also.

I'm believe I will like ABT's and large cuts on the MES better.

The pellet is a much milder smoke and that's with the amazin smoke generator.

So for now at least, I like having both...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky