First reverse flow smoker build - may have some questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
BC9D87B1-C4EC-42DD-BC44-1ADE256AAE46.jpeg

smokin peachey smokin peachey Some things that I know of..

- Makes heat distribution more even - think of that plate being in there turning the thing into more of a convection oven.
- supposedly the same goes for the smoke (idk how true that is)

traditional advantage over reverse - it will have more "hot spots" and you can cook different types of meat that way.

smokin peachey smokin peachey Some things that I know of..

- Makes heat distribution more even - think of that plate being in there turning the thing into more of a convection oven.
- supposedly the same goes for the smoke (idk how true that is)

traditional advantage over reverse - it will have more "hot spots" and you can cook different types of meat that way.

I don’t understand the hotspot thing I have no problem with a hotspot in my traditional. Very even temps. The key is airflow. Keep the air moving through and that keeps even temps.

I don’t understand the hotspot thing I have no problem with a hotspot in my traditional. Very even temps. The key is airflow. Keep the air moving through and that keeps even temps.
yeah I mean, on my (dont destroy me on this) oklahoma joe there's definitely a hotspot towards the firebox. But other than that, it isnt bad.

@daveomak or anyone else... How far into the cook chamber should the firebox be placed? Is there a calculation for that distance?

2019-05-07_10-23-56.png

From what I can see on some professional builds, since I am doing a flat end on the firebox, I think I may be mounting the firebox to the flat part...

Unfortunately that doesn't save me any money on the RF plate

What's everyone using for an exhaust pipe? If I use 8" it looks like I'll need 47"... Not sure what kind of pipe I can use to get 8"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky