First pulled pork in MES (Updated with proper Q-view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cobble

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Boston, MA
Ok, so some of you probably caught my thread about temperature issues in a different section, but I got those sorted out, and pulled off my first pulled pork on the MES. It turned out moderately fantastic. I used Jeff's Rub, and SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce, and it was excellent. Thanks to all who provided the pseudo-live-meat-tech-support that helped me save this pig and make it drool worthy.  The only negative about this is that I hit an abdolute wall at 190 after 12 hours, and double foiled it and put it in the oven at 350 for another hour and fifteen minutes. That got it up to 198 and it coasted up to 202 while resting. Without further delay, here comes the Q-view.

aa4b5cb0_Rubbed.jpg

ef51843e_Smoking.jpg

1486bead_resting.jpg

7122d6c8_Unwrapped2.jpg

72d72584_BoneOut.jpg

fdbbc632_Shredded.jpg

a3b9e2c6_Fin2.jpg

Looks Great!

At least you got to 190° before you stalled out.  Mine usually stalls at 160°

GREAT JOB!

Todd

Todd, in regards to the stall, dont feel bad. I had a few stalls. The meat was up to 140 by the third hour, and stalled out through the 60's and then brutally in the upper 80's, and I gouldnt get past 190 without tossing it in the oven

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky