First Poster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqking

Original poster
May 27, 2010
Northern VA
Good afternoon to all. I seemed to have forgotten my manners and posted my first post before I properly introducing myself. I live in No VA near the base of Bull Run Mountain about 35-40 miles outside of DC and 25 miles from the Shenandoah and Skyline Drive. I've been an avid grill enthusiast for some 25+ years and just got tired of using a utensil designed and built for grilling to try to smoke with at the same time. It worked OK but we all know that smoke wants to go up and not sideways. 
icon_mrgreen.gif

I finally had enough and bought a new economical Master Forge double door propane smoker (see my review) and have enjoyed it thus far (only used it twice to date) with pretty decent results (see first post).

My other current equipment consists of a new (birthday present from the better half) Master Forge 5 burner 66250 BTU stainless steel propane grill complete with a 13000 BTU ceramic infrared rotisserie burner (awesome chicken and turkey) and a 12000 BTU ceramic infrared searing side burner with Panini press which I absolutely love, especially for steaks. It has 787 sq in of cooking surface and to date I haven't run out of grill.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks to all who visited my post with their welcoming comments and advise. I look forward to becoming a regular contributor and offering whatever info/advise that I can.

Remember to smoke often and inhale!

Kent

Thanks for the introduction Kent. I don't smoke as often as I'd like...; but I do inhale.

Thanks for the intro Kent and welcome to SMF. Looking forward to seeing some of your qview.

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome Kent to SMF. Please don't take it the wrong way here kent  when I requisted you to stop into Roll Call. I and Us just would like to know alittle bit about new members. You will see how everyone here likes to say howdy. You will learn to like this place for there are allot of really good folks here that would do help you with anything to do with smoking. I would also recommend that you sign up for the E-course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good techniques also. So go grab your butt and get to smoking and then don't forget the pictures (Q-view) here so we can enjoy your smoke with you.

So Welcome To Your New Addiction    

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome Kent to SMF. Please don't take it the wrong way here kent  when I requisted you to stop into Roll Call. I and Us just would like to know alittle bit about new members. You will see how everyone here likes to say howdy. You will learn to like this place for there are allot of really good folks here that would do help you with anything to do with smoking. I would also recommend that you sign up for the E-course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good techniques also. So go grab your butt and get to smoking and then don't forget the pictures (Q-view) here so we can enjoy your smoke with you.

So Welcome To Your New Addiction  
No worries Mark, I didn't take anything the wrong way. It would have been proper to have introduced myself first before posting. Congrats on YOUR milestone!

Kent

Howdy Kent ,

Welcome to SMF!!!

Welcome to SMF Kent. Glad to have you around.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky