First Official CenTex Que & Brew August 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well folks, Zach made the final decision on dinner for Friday night....that being hamburgers. There have been several things added to my plate for this event and as of now I don't have time to buy the meat, grind it, and press the patties. I just ordered 24 1/4 pound, 85% lean hamburger patties from Piedmontese Beef, along with a few other goodies :-) I also have two 4-packs of 1/4 pound hot dogs (also Piedmontese Beef) in the freezer that we can get out if necessary. Never had their hamburgers but I'll tell you that the dogs are amazing!! Even Tracy loves them and has asked for them on a few occasions. Now we need buns, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cheese, tater chips, more pickles, etc....

Off to Costco again!!
Robert

I'm happy to do the grilling for you if you'd like. I'll also pick up some chips to go with the burgers/dogs too since I'm getting tortilla chips anyway.

I started thinking about the heat and meant to ask about crashing on the floor. Haha. I'll bring a twin air mattress and bedding. Thanks so much Robert! Can't wait to meet everyone Saturday morning! I'm planning to get there in time to snag some breakfast.

"I'm happy to do the grilling for you if you'd like. I'll also pick up some chips to go with the burgers/dogs too since I'm getting tortilla chips anyway."

Ricky and Connie have offered to do the burgers Friday. If you wanna help you'll probably wind up in a fight with Connie over her 4-burner flat-top :-) Rumor has it that she's pretty protective of that thing :emoji_astonished:

I guess since Doug has offered to jump in on all the other stuff, maybe you and he can coordinate who is getting what. No need to have 47 bags of potato chips here :emoji_wink:

I just got back from Costco. Got the shrimp and pickles as well as two more cases of margaritas. Most of the rest of the stuff we either already had or picked up a couple weeks ago. We now have 23 2-liter bottles of margaritas to go along with the 8 kegs of beer. Hopefully that will be enough. All that's left for me to get are more taters for the tater salad and napkins. Can't believe that Costco didn't have any. Oh well, I can grab those at the little grocery store here in Lago.

Almost done shopping,
Robert

Twas the night before Q'Fest, when all through the house
not a pitmaster was sleeping, not even an ounce.
The Briskets were trimmed, by a knife with care
In hopes that St. Smokey soon would be there.

The Que'ers were restless all antsy in their beds
while visions of mesquite smoke danced in their heads.
And a chef in their apron, and me with my wrap
had just settled our meats for a short nights nap

When out on the patio arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed to check the matter
Away to my app I flew like a flash
unlocked my phone, and loaded the stats

Another split was added, the temps adjusted
pushing onward, the stall to be busted
When to my longing eyes, a sight did appear
but a beautiful brisket, the end is near

The barq was dark and beautifully set
time to wrap, cooler, and rest
More rapid than eagles, the hunger came
the seasonings whistled and called their names;

Dash of Salt and Pepper!
Now Garlic, and Onion!
On, Sugar! On, Cumin!
On, Cayenne and Paprika!
To the front of the nostrils!
To the olfactory glands!
Now carve away! Serve Away!
There's Que to be had!

That's about all I can muster right now,but I had a laugh. Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow and this weekend! Pic for attention....

SMF Gather.jpg

chilerelleno chilerelleno , you may like my homage :emoji_laughing: @gmc2003 as well!

Cheers Y'all and here's to a great first of many events to come!

G'night Y'all

-Zach

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow morning! My friend Austin for sure won't make it. He did buy a new truck yesterday, but he found out his brother is moving tomorrow so he's gonna go help with that. But I'll be there with my two pups, planning to leave between 5 and 6 AM so should be there between 8 and 9AM.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
I'll be sneaking out early (hopefully) and loading the truck. Pits, food, awning, odds and ends to head out and start drinking... I mean setting up...

It's game time y'all!

Reactions: tareed94
Well, folks . . . I held my breath till the last minute and, sure enough, my "stand-in" for this meeting tomorrow has bailed on me. We're not gonna make it to this weekend's shindig. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Enjoy a cold one for me and have a greyt time!!!

I'll definitely be there next time! Stay cool!!!

Lois

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky