First Official CenTex Que & Brew August 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well ladies and gentlemen it appears that another great friend of ours and his wife will be joining us for the event. Please give a warm welcome to Doug @Thorpd01 He and his wife are are two of the finest people you'll ever know and have been friends of ours for a LONG time. I believe Doug is planning to bring some goodies unlike anything else that's been offered up thus far. This should be fun!!

Zach, could you please add them to the list of attendees?

Welcoming a friend,
Robert

Updated! The list grows!

Sounds great, we will do our best to make it on Saturday at least. I have got to check the date. Thanks from New Braunfels, TX.

Awesome! Glad to have ya. Going to be a great weekend I do believe. I'll put ya on the list just in case.

Yep, I'm all out now so will need to make some time (post event in fairness to @txsmoker) to make some more. Still looking for a great recipe for Spanish Chorizo as well. Also need to make some more bacon!! :)

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
"Still looking for a great recipe for Spanish Chorizo as well. Also need to make some more bacon!! :)"

Bacon is easy and only takes a few minutes to get set up to cure. Insofar as the Spanish Chorizo goes, drop into the Sausage sub forum here. I guarantee that you'll find somebody who has a great recipe that they are more than willing to share. This place has a lot more uses than just BBQ and planning events :emoji_wink:

Certain you'll find something,
Robert

"Woot! It's gonna be a great weekend! Brew and Que galore. I feel I may need to take Monday off as a recovery day :emoji_grin:"

Too funny Zach!! I was sitting on the patio yesterday afternoon sipping a Czech Amber Lager and thought I should take Monday off also so sent notice to the office that I'd be taking a 4 day weekend. Being that I'm a one-man-show and the only person in the company that can do what I do, they weren't happy but they're just going to have to adapt. Everybody else has taken a vacation this Summer so it's my turn now!!

Robert

"Woot! It's gonna be a great weekend! Brew and Que galore. I feel I may need to take Monday off as a recovery day :emoji_grin:"

Too funny Zach!! I was sitting on the patio yesterday afternoon sipping a Czech Amber Lager and thought I should take Monday off also so sent notice to the office that I'd be taking a 4 day weekend. Being that I'm a one-man-show and the only person in the company that can do what I do, they weren't happy but they're just going to have to adapt. Everybody else has taken a vacation this Summer so it's my turn now!!

Robert
I am pretty booked up on my remaining vacation/PTO so Monday is just gonna have to suck :emoji_laughing:

I think I can say in advance that it'll be worth it though!

Reactions: bigdaddy4760
Did a test stack last night and got the bottom of the rest of the boards stained. Just gotta wait the 72 hours for them to cure completely and it'll be set for our event.
full

full

I think I fixed my picture issue. I realized just now that when I set up the albums on here that I set them to private.

Did a test stack last night and got the bottom of the rest of the boards stained. Just gotta wait the 72 hours for them to cure completely and it'll be set for our event.
full

full

I think I fixed my picture issue. I realized just now that when I set up the albums on here that I set them to private.
Pictures!!!! :emoji_laughing:

Love the two tone! that looks awesome. Need to get on that project here too at some point... There's always a list.

Reactions: tareed94
Thanks again for making me feel welcome here on the SMF and for the invitation to the CenTex Que & Brew next weekend. I'm supposed to be introducing a guest speaker at a gardening event on Saturday, August 10th. If I can get a stand-in to cover for me, my husband and I would love to come down to Lago Vista to join you guys.

I'm racking my brain, trying to think of what I can bring as my contribution. I am such an amateur compared to the rest of you. I'll see what I can come up with in the next couple of days. On August 3rd, I'll find out if I can get out of this meeting on the 10th and will confirm our plans.

For now, put me down with my Plus One (hubby). We hope to be there 11-ish on Saturday morning.

Lois

"Thanks again for making me feel welcome here on the SMF and for the invitation to the CenTex Que & Brew next weekend. I'm supposed to be introducing a guest speaker at a gardening event on Saturday, August 10th. If I can get a stand-in to cover for me, my husband and I would love to come down to Lago Vista to join you guys."

You're more than welcome!! This really is the best forum on the planet. Nothing but nice, friendly, and helpful folks here. We are thrilled at the possibility of you making an appearance and have fingers crossed that it all works out.

"I'm racking my brain, trying to think of what I can bring as my contribution. I am such an amateur compared to the rest of you. I'll see what I can come up with in the next couple of days. On August 3rd, I'll find out if I can get out of this meeting on the 10th and will confirm our plans."

Don't beat yourself up over an offering. Whatever you're comfortable with will be well received, I can promise you that. Another thing to consider, at one point we were all beginners. This forum is where most of us have honed our skills and you're on the way to becoming a world-class pit master, I sense that already. Additionally, there will be several other "amateurs" among us so fret not. Truth be told, we are all amateurs. That means we don't get paid for it :emoji_wink:

"For now, put me down with my Plus One (hubby). We hope to be there 11-ish on Saturday morning."

Looking forward to it!! Just send me a PM if things work out and I'll give you the address.

Robert

Reactions: GreytQ
"Thanks again for making me feel welcome here on the SMF and for the invitation to the CenTex Que & Brew next weekend. "

I forgot to mention this from your intro thread in Roll Call. If your friend(s) / neighbor(s) want to accompany you next weekend, certainly feel free to bring them along. Based on the menu offerings I don't think we will be lacking for food, that's for sure. If they are as big into grilling and smoking as you mentioned, I'd encourage you to introduce them to the forum, possibly have them join, and pass along the link to this thread. At this point there may be enough time to read the entire thing before next Friday :emoji_laughing:

Had another brain cramp,
Robert

Thanks again for making me feel welcome here on the SMF and for the invitation to the CenTex Que & Brew next weekend. I'm supposed to be introducing a guest speaker at a gardening event on Saturday, August 10th. If I can get a stand-in to cover for me, my husband and I would love to come down to Lago Vista to join you guys.

I'm racking my brain, trying to think of what I can bring as my contribution. I am such an amateur compared to the rest of you. I'll see what I can come up with in the next couple of days. On August 3rd, I'll find out if I can get out of this meeting on the 10th and will confirm our plans.

For now, put me down with my Plus One (hubby). We hope to be there 11-ish on Saturday morning.

Lois
Got you and your +1 on the list! Don't worry about pushing off current plans if you don't want to. Unless you want to use us as an excuse that is :emoji_laughing:

I make a good scapegoat. :emoji_grin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky