First Official CenTex Que & Brew August 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome!! If it's a trailer pit, fear not. We have a large turn-out at the back end of the driveway that's plenty big and only a few steps from the patio....and the margaritas :-) There is one that got missed and one that I have communicated with who had an interest in bringing some of the Nor Tex folks down for a Hill Country experience. That would be @crankybuzzard Hopefully he will see this and decide to make the 3 hour drive down from the Dallas area

Hoping to see this get bigger,
Robert

Last edited:
Awesome!! If it's a trailer pit, fear not. We have a large turn-out at the back end of the driveway that's plenty big and only a few steps from the patio....and the margaritas :-) There is one that got missed and one that I have communicated with who had an interest in bringing some of the Nor Tex folks down for a Hill Country experience. That would be @crankybuzzard Hopefully he will see this and decide to make the 3 hour drive down from the Fallas area

Hoping to see this get bigger,
Robert

I meant to tag him but aw it's been a bit since he's been on.

Maner has a sweet trailer rig. We do not need anymore cookers with ours combined and that thing. Even if half of Texas comes :emoji_laughing: we'll feed em.

Reactions: bigdaddy4760
"I think between the two of us, we may just need fuel and wood! Hopefully that makes it easier for people to come on in and have fun without worrying about bringing a rig."

I know how cumbersome it can loading up a bunch of stuff for a road trip so I'll toss out a couple offers:

The smoker woods and pellets I currently have available are already noted but if somebody wants to use something different, just let me know. I'll pick it up so you won't need to worry about packing and transporting it.

I'll also offer to buy some meat if there is a cost or transportation issue involved with you bringing it. I'll happily pick up brisket, ribs (beef or pork), pork butts, or whatever else you may want to cook. Just let me know and I'll make a stop on Thursday and grab it.

It was not planned this way, just strictly coincidence. I placed a sizable order of Piedmontese beef two days ago that is being delivered on Wednesday the 7th, two days before our event. This order along with what will still be in the freezer from my three previous orders will give a bunch of different steaks and several different roasts to sample if there is interest in giving it a try. Just say so and we can figure out what you want to cook and I'll get it out to defrost.

Sweetening the pot a bit,
Robert
I have on hand post oak, pecan and mesquite if needed.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Whats the plan just bring what ever and cook
Still hashing it out but we'll come up with a list of who's bringing what. Sorta have a list but I'll update the first posts . Trying to get people interested first. Little slower start than anticipated. I'll push it in the ATX thread on TW too. Loooots of locals that will like that I'm sure.

"Whats the plan just bring what ever and cook"

Well well well....if you're willing to bring a rig like this, I'm willing to buy the meat to go on it. You just tell me what you want, and it'll be here waiting for you...unless you want to prep it in advance. I'd think that a Friday start would be beneficial if there's any way you can swing it. However....like Zach, I'd love to see a pic or two of your rig.

Waiting with baited breath,
Robert

Last edited:
Still hashing it out but we'll come up with a list of who's bringing what. Sorta have a list but I'll update the first posts . Trying to get people interested first. Little slower start than anticipated. I'll push it in the ATX thread on TW too. Loooots of locals that will like that I'm sure.

Last edited:
"Whats the plan just bring what ever and cook"

Well well well....if you're willing to bring a rig like this, I'm willing to buy the meat to go on it. You just tell me what you want, and it'll be here waiting for you...unless you want to prep it in advance. I'd think that a Friday start would be beneficial if there's any way you can swing it. However....like Zach, I'd love to see a pic or two of your rig.

Waiting with baited breath,
Robert
You dont have to buy the meat. I can bring what I will cook. Sent you a PM link to my build thread to look at pic's

Hey guys, thanks for thinking of me!
I won't be able to make the trip but I'll see if I can somehow give an assist :emoji_blush:
You'll be there in spirit I'm sure. If you know any other members willing to trek out, could you tag them please? Still trying to get my feet wet and find em all. Much appreciated.

I checked out the pics of the rig. That is one sweet setup!! It'll certainly look good in my driveway. Maybe I can force-feed you enough margaritas that you'll leave without it and forget that it's here :emoji_wink:

I would ask that people start posting what they intend to cook if possible. I just don't want to look up Saturday afternoon and we have 7 briskets and nothing else. That'd sort of defeat what we are attempting to do. I'm open to cooking whatever is needed to fill in some of the blanks to get the variety of food we are wanting to present. One thing I am considering is a smoked, reverse seared Piedmontese sirloin roast. Texas Land And Cattle restaurant serves one (not Piedmontese) that has become somewhat famous. Many people have tried to replicate it with no success. I may very well give it s shot and see what I can pull off. My final decision however will be predicated by what other people are planning to cook.

Ricky....sounds like your 4 burner flat top may get some use for cooking breakfast Saturday morning. I have a ton of different types and flavors of bacon and can't help but think Connie is gonna want to fire that thing up do some cooking. We may have a nice sized group for breakfast it appears. If she's wanting to jump on that idea, let me know what else, if anything, she will need to make a stunner of a meal.

Gearing up for the blow-out party of the century :-)
Robert

I have a big 'ol shoulder clod that Will be cooked up for the event. Probably start friday night late and aim for mid afternoon Saturday on that. As well as Pork Belly Burnt ends.

I'll get one of the first posts updated with food items so we can track it better.

Potential items: Brisket, Pork Products (loins, butts, ribs), Fatties (would be good for breakfast), Armadillo eggs and Poppers for snacks, Chicken (wings and/or whole), Fish.

Non Smoked Items: Plates, plastic ware, napkins, trash cans and bags, coolers, drinks, snacks, etc.

will go update above!

BC7902B9-D77E-4879-96C9-B0927747A4AA.jpg

sneak peak at bigdaddy4760 bigdaddy4760 's setup while he awaits approval :emoji_wink:

I have a big 'ol shoulder clod that Will be cooked up for the event. Probably start friday night late and aim for mid afternoon Saturday on that. As well as Pork Belly Burnt ends.+

Never cooked or eaten clod but it's been on the bucket list for a while. Cannot wait to get in on some of that. Thank you Zach!!

Non Smoked Items: Plates, plastic ware, napkins, trash cans and bags, coolers, drinks, snacks, etc.

I'll take care of all the dry goods: plates, plastic ware, napkins, trash cans, and bags. No need for people to be packing that stuff and carting it all over the state. I do have a couple of coolers but if people are travelling they will most likely have their own with them. I think with any of the above mentioned appetizers in your reply, I don't know that "snacks" will be needed but it never hurts to have simple stuff to munch on :-) I'll also have a case or two of water, 2 kegs of beer, and enough margaritas to float a battleship. We have a commercial ice maker that can turn out 100 lbs. of ice a day so hopefully it'll be enough to keep up with demand.

Starting to see the blanks getting filled in,
Robert

I have a big 'ol shoulder clod that Will be cooked up for the event. Probably start friday night late and aim for mid afternoon Saturday on that. As well as Pork Belly Burnt ends.+

Never cooked or eaten clod but it's been on the bucket list for a while. Cannot wait to get in on some of that. Thank you Zach!!

I'll take care of all the dry goods: plates, plastic ware, napkins, trash cans, and bags. No need for people to be packing that stuff and carting it all over the state. I do have a couple of coolers but if people are travelling they will most likely have their own with them. I think with any of the above mentioned appetizers in your reply, I don't know that "snacks" will be needed but it never hurts to have simple stuff to munch on :-) I'll also have a case or two of water, 2 kegs of beer, and enough margaritas to float a battleship. We have a commercial ice maker that can turn out 100 lbs. of ice a day so hopefully it'll be enough to keep up with demand.

Starting to see the blanks getting filled in,
Robert

Updated post 2, well I need to update again.

I've also got a big 140 qt Orca Cooler. I'll update the post again real quick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky