First Official CenTex Que & Brew August 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I checked out the pics of the rig. That is one sweet setup!! It'll certainly look good in my driveway. Maybe I can force-feed you enough margaritas that you'll leave without it and forget that it's here :emoji_wink:

I would ask that people start posting what they intend to cook if possible. I just don't want to look up Saturday afternoon and we have 7 briskets and nothing else. That'd sort of defeat what we are attempting to do. I'm open to cooking whatever is needed to fill in some of the blanks to get the variety of food we are wanting to present. One thing I am considering is a smoked, reverse seared Piedmontese sirloin roast. Texas Land And Cattle restaurant serves one (not Piedmontese) that has become somewhat famous. Many people have tried to replicate it with no success. I may very well give it s shot and see what I can pull off. My final decision however will be predicated by what other people are planning to cook.

Ricky....sounds like your 4 burner flat top may get some use for cooking breakfast Saturday morning. I have a ton of different types and flavors of bacon and can't help but think Connie is gonna want to fire that thing up do some cooking. We may have a nice sized group for breakfast it appears. If she's wanting to jump on that idea, let me know what else, if anything, she will need to make a stunner of a meal.

Gearing up for the blow-out party of the century :-)
Robert
Bringing sausages, beef fajitas and dino ribs for snacking. Two Waygu briskets and two butts also for a slow cook. I will stuff and bacon wrap a bunch of jalapenos also. I will bring some Anasazi beans for a big pot.
Trailer and service boxes are loaded with dinner trays, assorted sizes of dispsoable pans, foil and all the stuff needed to cook. Coolers of ice and beer.
Two folding tables, pop up canopy and chairs, trash can with bags.
Zach we should try my bean concontion I have been working on since you doing PBB's.

Bringing sausages, beef fajitas and dino ribs for snacking. Two Waygu briskets and two butts also for a slow cook. I will stuff and bacon wrap a bunch of jalapenos also. I will bring some Anasazi beans for a big pot.
Trailer and service boxes are loaded with dinner trays, assorted sizes of dispsoable pans, foil and all the stuff needed to cook. Coolers of ice and beer.
Zach we should try my bean concontion I have been working on since you doing PBB's.

Well, if bigdaddy4760 bigdaddy4760 has all of that, that leaves the rest of us with...napkins?

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

That's awesome, Maner. Now I REALLY need to make it happen to get down there!

Zach we should try my bean concontion I have been working on since you doing PBB's

Sounds like we will have more than enough to eat and my smoked sirloin is still a safe possibility. I will however stay out of the bidding for proteins for now but am gonna throw my hat into the ring for an appetizer. Zach....please put me down for BBQ shrimp. That has always been a HUGE hit and I don't see a lot thus far for seafood.

Breaking out the devaining knife,
Robert

Last edited:
"Well, if bigdaddy4760 bigdaddy4760 has all of that, that leaves the rest of us with...napkins?"

I have the napkins covered. Sounds like you can just come down empty handed

":emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

That's awesome, Maner. Now I REALLY need to make it happen to get down there!"

Bryan...if there is any way you can make it down here, I'd be thrilled!! we had a lengthy text message conversation several years ago over a holiday weekend when my wife was out of town. That was a great time and it'd be fantastic to meet you in person.

Here's hoping,
Robert

"Well, if bigdaddy4760 bigdaddy4760 has all of that, that leaves the rest of us with...napkins?"

I have the napkins covered. Sounds like you can just come down empty handed

":emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

That's awesome, Maner. Now I REALLY need to make it happen to get down there!"

Bryan...if there is any way you can make it down here, I'd be thrilled!! we had a lengthy text message conversation several years ago over a holiday weekend when my wife was out of town. That was a great time and it'd be fantastic to meet you in person.

Here's hoping,
Robert

Yes!!!! I remember! That was from my first smoking thread ever:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...nd-suggestions-requested.147782/#post-1048284

That brisket was actually quite good and gave me a false sense of confidence. It took me a handful of cooks to meet and exceed that bar again :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:. I'd love to meet up and chat in person as well!

Working it out with the wife to come on down there. I'd love to bring the family if I go. Fingers crossed!

"Yes!!!! I remember! That was from my first smoking thread ever"

Yep....that thread then turned into a huge thread about bourbon which went on for weeks. A whole lot of people jumped into that one.

"Working it out with the wife to come on down there. I'd love to bring the family if I go. Fingers crossed!"

This is all about friends and family so hopefully it'll work out. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help facilitate your being able to attend....with the family of course.

Robert

Zach we should try my bean concontion I have been working on since you doing PBB's

Sounds like we will have more than enough to eat and my smoked sirloin is still a safe possibility. I will however stay out of the bidding for proteins for now but am gonna throw my hat into the ring for an appetizer. Zach....please put me down for BBQ shrimp. That has always been a HUGE hit and I don't see a lot thus far for seafood.

Robert
Shrimps sound good. I would like to try the Sirloin also.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
If I'm there, I will have PLENTY of rub on hand. Ought to have the new stuff in, too ;).

Yes! awesome. Thank you.

Updated and thanks a ton! In for the beans too!

Robert

Shrimp added!

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...nd-suggestions-requested.147782/#post-1048284

That brisket was actually quite good and gave me a false sense of confidence. It took me a handful of cooks to meet and exceed that bar again :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:. I'd love to meet up and chat in person as well!

Working it out with the wife to come on down there. I'd love to bring the family if I go. Fingers crossed!

Wierd... a thread you started turned to whiskey?! hahaha. BBQ and whiskey go good together... and beer... and margs... lol

Reactions: bigdaddy4760

Need U-Dust bad! :emoji_disappointed:

Reactions: bvbull200
Also... Super fun fact I just learned! that old thread of bvbull200 bvbull200 's... he responded to your comment about Booker's Bourbon and not hearing of it. He is one of the biggest Booker's drinkers I know now! and He got me into it big time! did you see the Booker's 30th bottle in my Gator post? That was his!

Full circle. Too funny! Bryan HAS to come down now!

Reactions: bvbull200
Attending & items:

tx smoker tx smoker
Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan
@woodwindricky
bigdaddy4760 bigdaddy4760
bvbull200 bvbull200 (tentative)

Cookers:
Robert - Santa Maria, Large BGE, T-Pit Smoker, Propane Grill
Zach - Weber Ranch and 26" kettle
Ricky - 4 Burner Cooktop Griddle
Maner - Reverse Flow Trailer pit and charcoal Grill

Beef:
reverse seared Piedmontese sirloin roast (Robert)
Shoulder Clod (Zach)
Fajits (Maner)
Dino Ribs (Maner)
Two Wagyu Briskets (Maner)

Pork:
Pork Belly Burnt Ends (Zach)

Poultry:

Other:
Sausages (Maner)

Sides:
Deviled Eggs (Zach... well, the wife...)
Poppers (Maner)
Anasazi Beans (Maner)
BBQ Shrimp (Robert)

Drinks:
Robert: Margs, 2 kegs of beer, water
Zach: Water and some whiskies

Misc:
Trash Cans - Robert
Trash Bags - Robert
Napkins - Robert
Paper Plates - Robert
Plastic Ware - Robert
Foil Pans (Maner)
Saran Wrap/Foil (Maner)
Charcoal
Wood Splits (Maner - Oak, Mesquite, Pecan)
Bluetooth speakers?
Tents
air beds
sleeping bags
Coolers
Canopy (Maner and Zach)
Tables (Maner x2)
Chairs (Maner, Zach x4)

Ice:
Robert has a big commercial ice maker and should have us covered!

What else?
Two butts also

"Also... Super fun fact I just learned! that old thread of bvbull200 bvbull200 's... he responded to your comment about Booker's Bourbon and not hearing of it. He is one of the biggest Booker's drinkers I know now! and He got me into it big time! did you see the Booker's 30th bottle in my Gator post? That was his!

Full circle. Too funny! Bryan HAS to come down now!"

Oh now that's funny!! Booker's is my absolute favorite, although I drink very little of it. I'm mostly a beer guy. I'll do Knob Creek if it's available though.

This was gifted to me about a year ago and I know nothing about it but will contribute it to the cause if it's worthy.
018.jpg

Started a batch of spicy pickled garlic a few days ago that should be ready by then....and it should be really spicy!!
006.jpg

And just for you Zach, to wash down that spicy garlic, a frosty mug of your favorite Irish Red Ale
007.jpg

Stirring it up now,
Robert

Also... Super fun fact I just learned! that old thread of bvbull200 bvbull200 's... he responded to your comment about Booker's Bourbon and not hearing of it. He is one of the biggest Booker's drinkers I know now! and He got me into it big time! did you see the Booker's 30th bottle in my Gator post? That was his!

Full circle. Too funny! Bryan HAS to come down now!

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Booker's addict, now. I blame tx smoker tx smoker .:emoji_laughing: A little older picture, but shows most of the batches on hand (14 pictured), including my Booker's Rye :emoji_heart_eyes:.

20190329_234240-01.jpeg

Plenty of empties, too :emoji_laughing:.

20190329_232916-01.jpeg

Not all that long after that thread - 6 months maybe - I got a bottle of what has ultimately become my favorite bourbon of all time (even better than some REALLY coveted stuff I've had the chance to try).

Booker's 2015-01 Big Man, Small Batch

20150802_005047.jpg

Drank that one too quickly. :emoji_astonished:

If I can make it, best believe there will be Booker's on board!

"Updated post 2, well I need to update again."

Hey amigo....couple of updates on your update. It is actually an XL big Green Egg, which is considerably larger than the L. Also, you missed the digital electric stainless steel smoker all together.

A lot going on with Zach's day :-)
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky