First NFL weekend St Louis ribs with a spin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesoh79

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 28, 2016
Detroit Michigan
Hey guys. Hope everyone has been well. Been super busy with life and work in general. Haven't BBQ anything in almost 2 months. So I decided this is not acceptable. BBQ and NFL football just go hand in hand. Played football in middle and high school. So I'm a huge fan.

Picked up some nice St. Louis cut ribs from Costco. Always very meaty and high quality. Did the usual. Cleaned up the membrane. Dry rubbed the night before for extra bark.

I was watching a tailgating show for college football yesterday. And one of the pit masters applied a layer of brown sugar on top of his dry rubbed ribs. I like to change it up and decided to follow suit today.

About 3 1/2 hrs in. Used a combo of apple and oak wood. Tried to keep the smoker under 250 on the deck because I didn't want the extra sugar to burn. It looks good. About to pull and wrap in foil for 1 1/2.

Looking great! From the sound of it, today is football pork ribs day!
grilling_smilie.gif

Looks tasty,but where's the spin? Was expecting rotisserie action.:biggrin: Will be back for the money shots!

Looks good so far. Howd they turn out?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky