First meatloaf smoke

Discussion in 'Beef' started by bamajon, May 11, 2013.

1. bamajon

bamajon Smoke Blower

Inspired by many years of going to the NWFL gathering and eating piney's meatloaf I have decided to try smoking one myself.

2. bamajon

bamajon Smoke Blower

I didn't have any pans so I redneck engineered my own.

3. bamajon

bamajon Smoke Blower

My first time using my bradly that I one at the gathering as well.

4. ats32

ats32 Smoking Fanatic

Interesting smoker and awesome meatloaf pan!

5. bamajon

bamajon Smoke Blower

Thanks. It's a portable bradly smoker that you can take camping or wherever you want to take it. It even packs up into a nice carry bag. It's pretty cool. The smoker part is actually a thick foil like bag that slides down over the frame. I won it at the NWFL gathering at piney woods property.

6. bamajon

bamajon Smoke Blower

I forgot to take a pic when it was done so here's what is left. Lol. It was delicious.

7. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

It looks Great Jon!!! Doesn't seem to be much left!! (That's always a good sign)

How did that smoker perform?

8. bamajon

bamajon Smoke Blower

It did good. I just have to fine tune it a bit. It runs a little hot. The only thing I had to use to gauge the temp with was one of my meat thermometers. It has two probes so I just let one dangle inside it. The bad thing is it only goes up to 230. Next time I use it ill just leave it in low the hole time.

9. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks good Jon

10. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great Jon

11. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks Delicious, Jon!

Red

12. bamajon

bamajon Smoke Blower

Thanks. It was good. Now the wife said she'll never bake another one.

13. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yummm.....and cool new toy!

Kat

14. I see by the dates that I'm a bit late to this party, but I'm about to put together my meatloaf.  It should be in the smoker in a little while.  It's my first venture into smoking!

BTW, I'm going to copy your hi tech pan.  You don't have a patent on it, do you?  [​IMG]