• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First long smoke on BGE with two butts

amkennedy04

Joined Jul 23, 2016
So I read the other threads about smoking two butts but didn't find one about two butts on a big green egg. Does anyone have any experience with smoking two butts? I'm mainly looking for cooking time. It'll be about 16 lbs of meat all together. I don't expect any rain and it's hot as blazes out so I don't think it'll effect it too much. I was planning on having dinner around 1700 tomorrow so I figured out em on at 2200 or so tonight. Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
You estimate your time on the biggest piece of meat.

Sounds like you have 2 - 8 lb. butts, so at 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound your looking at 12 to 16 hours including the rest period.

If they get done early just double wrap them in foil & put them in a 170 degree oven, then pull them when it's time to eat.

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.