First long smoke on BGE with two butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

amkennedy04

Original poster
Jul 23, 2016
Fairfax va
So I read the other threads about smoking two butts but didn't find one about two butts on a big green egg. Does anyone have any experience with smoking two butts? I'm mainly looking for cooking time. It'll be about 16 lbs of meat all together. I don't expect any rain and it's hot as blazes out so I don't think it'll effect it too much. I was planning on having dinner around 1700 tomorrow so I figured out em on at 2200 or so tonight. Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help.

You estimate your time on the biggest piece of meat.

Sounds like you have 2 - 8 lb. butts, so at 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound your looking at 12 to 16 hours including the rest period.

If they get done early just double wrap them in foil & put them in a 170 degree oven, then pull them when it's time to eat.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky