First go at Andouille

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ffmedic56

Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Hey everyone, had my first go at Adouille. Ground, mixed and stuffed it yesterday, smoked it today and I think it came out great. One question, does it make a difference if you grind the meat then mix the seasoning, or put it all together and grind it to mix it. I did the later and as I said it came great.

Before smoking

507bc79f_Andouille3.jpg

After

b5156062_Andouille1.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Now I have seen recipes that call for you to mix it first amnd then grind and then I have seen them say the other. I have done it both ways and to me it doesn't taste any better or worst. I just follow the directions for I haven't been making sausage that long and I'm still following directions.

I chop the meat and then mix in the spices.

Where did you get your recipe?

Craig

Nice work. looks like it should be hangin in a deli.........before or after it doesnt matter but most common is after

I usually cut the meat into the chunks I am going to grind then season them and run the meat thru the grinder. But I have done it both ways and I dont see a lot of difference as long as you mix it well

Hmm.. I grind coarse plate, then mixed in spice, then ground medium plate and then stuffed. Is this not correct? Only been making venison sausage so far.

Can't wait to make andouille and well.. all the other smoked sausages once I can finally get my MES.

Do you have my address,cause i ll be needing a couple of lbs. of them
icon_wink.gif
they look pretty serious .Sausage making is  something else i want to get into....someday

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky