• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First go at Andouille

ffmedic56

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Hey everyone, had my first go at Adouille. Ground, mixed and stuffed it yesterday, smoked it today and I think it came out great. One question, does it make a difference if you grind the meat then mix the seasoning, or put it all together and grind it to mix it. I did the later and as I said it came great.

Before smoking

After

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Congrats on your first Andouille

I have'nt tried it yet but it's on the TD list

Thanks for sharing

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Great looking sausage ya got there! I will defiantly be trying that someday.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now I have seen recipes that call for you to mix it first amnd then grind and then I have seen them say the other. I have done it both ways and to me it doesn't taste any better or worst. I just follow the directions for I haven't been making sausage that long and I'm still following directions.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
I chop the meat and then mix in the spices.

Where did you get your recipe?

Craig

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice work. looks like it should be hangin in a deli.........before or after it doesnt matter but most common is after

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I usually cut the meat into the chunks I am going to grind then season them and run the meat thru the grinder. But I have done it both ways and I dont see a lot of difference as long as you mix it well

jbomx363

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 19, 2010
Hmm.. I grind coarse plate, then mixed in spice, then ground medium plate and then stuffed. Is this not correct? Only been making venison sausage so far.

Can't wait to make andouille and well.. all the other smoked sausages once I can finally get my MES.

falsecast

Joined Jan 7, 2011
Do you have my address,cause i ll be needing a couple of lbs. of them
they look pretty serious .Sausage making is  something else i want to get into....someday

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.