First Fire!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
I just fired my new MPS230S for the first time. I’ve already made a lot of modifications. I added wheels, gaskets around the doors, a wok rack and cast iron pan, and a side table. I also sealed all of the fasteners and seams with hi-temp RTV.

I am in the process of burning it off and seasoning it.

It is a bit ironic. We are in Western Oregon. A very large fire to the south of us is providing enough smoke to smoke meat on the patio table. It is really bad. We have made our house available to those needing to evacuate.

Aside from that, I have learned a lot reading and searching the forums. I hope to provide something of value in the future as I learn. Thanks!
98FB81DD-2317-47F7-8F83-D3F15F9BC05B.jpeg

nice smoker and back yard! Hope they get things under control out there soon. Stay safe

Ryan

I have the Gas House single door smoker like this. I love it. Looking forward to seeing your cooks. Welcome from Mississippi.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky