First Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dogboa

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 24, 2013
SE Florida
I decided to make my first fatty. It is Jimmy Deans original bulk sausage, filled with homemade, bulk andouille sausage (unsmoked), homemade boudin, Cajun "Trinity" (sauteed and cooled) and cojita cheese. I have dubbed it the "Cajun Hog Log".

36788-albums1032-picture7150.jpg

Here is the fatty cut in half.
36788-albums1032-picture7151.jpg

The bacon was thin sliced. I used the same for the ABTs that went with the fatty. I like my ABTs done vertical. The fatty and ABTs were done on my BGE using cherry chunks.

Last edited:
That was a good looking fatty for it being your first one. Liked the combo of the ABT'S that you had to go with it.
Hats off to you.
Points for sure.
I'm getting ready to do one for Friday.
Rob

Reactions: dogboa
2 slices of fattie and 3 eggs over easy ...

Ah, I gotcha. I originally thought you meant to put hard boiled eggs in the center, like a German style meatloaf. I think this Cajun style fatty would be great along side some rice with a nice Creole or Cajun gravy/sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky