First Fattie w/ First Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinpirate

Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Had a few guys out this weekend to fire up the smoker (2nd time) and drink a few cold ones.  I didnt get many pictures of the whole day, but I did manage two of the fattie with my cell phone.  This was my first attempt and I used JD Country Sausage filled with scrambled eggs, hash browns and some pepperjack and cheddar.  Boy was it good....

3f2e1c50_Fattie1.jpg

8ffeda3b_Fattie2.jpg

Sorry, that's all the pictures I got.  Took about 3hrs at 240ish to reach 170, is that about right?

Last edited:
cool.gif

You did good there Pirate dude. Now I think that the fattie is sort of a welcoming present from SMF. For this is the first place alot of folks hear or see one. They are really good and make a good first smoke to get to know your smoker for sure. Your pictures (Qview) looks great too.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Last edited:
Fine Lookin fattie right There!!!

Congrats on that first one, you did a bang-up job. Thanks for sharing the pics. It's all good my friend.

Congrats on a first success. I bet there will be many more in your future

Thanks everyone for the comments!  I do have to admit, I browned it up under the broiler for a minute or so after taking it out of the smoker.  I'm definitely addicted, dreaming of what's going in the next one!!  That blueberry pancake one sounds tempting...

Thanks everyone for the comments!  I do have to admit, I browned it up under the broiler for a minute or so after taking it out of the smoker.  I'm definitely addicted, dreaming of what's going in the next one!!  That blueberry pancake one sounds tempting...
Browning under the broiler is allowed.  Sometimes you gotta, sometimes you don't.  My wife wants the bacon "DONE" as crisp.  Off to the broiler.

Great looking first time.  Now, welcome to the slippery slope.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky