• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Fattie w/ First Qview

smokinpirate

Joined Apr 28, 2010
Had a few guys out this weekend to fire up the smoker (2nd time) and drink a few cold ones.  I didnt get many pictures of the whole day, but I did manage two of the fattie with my cell phone.  This was my first attempt and I used JD Country Sausage filled with scrambled eggs, hash browns and some pepperjack and cheddar.  Boy was it good....

Sorry, that's all the pictures I got.  Took about 3hrs at 240ish to reach 170, is that about right?

Last edited:

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

You did good there Pirate dude. Now I think that the fattie is sort of a welcoming present from SMF. For this is the first place alot of folks hear or see one. They are really good and make a good first smoke to get to know your smoker for sure. Your pictures (Qview) looks great too.

Last edited:

eman

Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Fine Lookin fattie right There!!!

richoso1

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Congrats on that first one, you did a bang-up job. Thanks for sharing the pics. It's all good my friend.

fftwarren

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 26, 2010
excellent job. I gotta make another one soon. I may make the ole blueberry pancake one.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Nice & crispy for the first time! Not to mention the weave

scarbelly

OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Congrats on a first success. I bet there will be many more in your future

smokinpirate

Joined Apr 28, 2010
Thanks everyone for the comments!  I do have to admit, I browned it up under the broiler for a minute or so after taking it out of the smoker.  I'm definitely addicted, dreaming of what's going in the next one!!  That blueberry pancake one sounds tempting...

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
Thanks everyone for the comments!  I do have to admit, I browned it up under the broiler for a minute or so after taking it out of the smoker.  I'm definitely addicted, dreaming of what's going in the next one!!  That blueberry pancake one sounds tempting...
Browning under the broiler is allowed.  Sometimes you gotta, sometimes you don't.  My wife wants the bacon "DONE" as crisp.  Off to the broiler.

Great looking first time.  Now, welcome to the slippery slope.

new2que

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 1, 2010
That looks great!  I might try it with eggs, it makes for a whole breakfast in one!  Thanks for the fatty idea!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.