First CSR smoke with AMPS in MES Gen 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grappler119

Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
I just got my AMPS, so I wanted to try it out. I really need it for long smokes like brisket but wanted to try something relatively short first. So I decided on CSR using a 2-2-1 method.
I was having problems throughout the smoke keeping the pellets in the AMPS going. I tried pulling both the chip tray and loader out with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic right out of the smoker. Here is what was left after we were done eating.

Once again, any thought on the AMPS would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Looks good. On the AMNPS, put the pellets in the microwave for a min. to dry them out. Then light one or both ends. Spend a good 45 sec. with your torch. Let it burn for a few. Then blow on it and blow it out. Let it smoke for a few. Blow on it again. Let it flare up. Let it burn for a few and blow it out again. Keep doing this for 15 min. Don't rush it. You are looking for a big cherry like a cigar.

Everyone I know that has problems. Doesn't take the time to get it going. look at the clock. 15 min.

Happy smoken.

David

Exactly what themule said. Works great in my mes 40. Except for plain cherry, still tryin to figure that out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky