First cold smoke with the new smokehouse

Discussion in 'Bacon' started by pit 4 brains, Jan 8, 2011.

1. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

With the holidays and the disaster of a year that 2010 was behind me, I finally got a few butts and a loin cured up for some BBB and CB.

I had been playing with the smokehouse by doing a few different runs with and without propane, lump, chunks briqs, etc. to see how it performed.

Well today I took the plunge and put about 14 lbs of cured pork stuff in there and fired her up..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pit 4 brains

More to come on this post.. I'm lettin this batch take some smoke. Should slice tomorrow after NG drill.

3. mrsb

mrsb Smoking Fanatic

Sweet! Looking forward to more.

Hope your 2011 is better!

4. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

damnnnn thats a nice looking smokehouse

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now your bacon looks good so far.

6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great so far Pete!!

7. pit 4 brains

Ok, heres the two butts and the cb fresh out of the house.. There's some smaller pieces too but they were bagged at the time of the photo. Will slice tomorrow hopefully..

[​IMG]

8. xjcamaro

xjcamaro Meat Mopper

Your smoke house looks like a closet out of my father in laws camp. How sweet would that be......"Hey i could really go for some good bacon"......"Well just open that closet there and grab some off the hook!"

Looks good!

9. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking smokehouse and awesome bacon pics too

10. pit 4 brains

Thanxs all. I gave some to my bro and he fried it up this morning. He said it was really good so I'll take his word for it. I'll slice some up tomorrow morning for breakfast since it's my monday off and then I'll slice up the rest for vac packin and post up some pics...