• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First cold smoke with the new smokehouse

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
With the holidays and the disaster of a year that 2010 was behind me, I finally got a few butts and a loin cured up for some BBB and CB.

I had been playing with the smokehouse by doing a few different runs with and without propane, lump, chunks briqs, etc. to see how it performed.

Well today I took the plunge and put about 14 lbs of cured pork stuff in there and fired her up..

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
More to come on this post.. I'm lettin this batch take some smoke. Should slice tomorrow after NG drill.

mrsb

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 13, 2007
Sweet! Looking forward to more.

Hope your 2011 is better!

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
damnnnn thats a nice looking smokehouse

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Looks great so far Pete!!

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Ok, heres the two butts and the cb fresh out of the house.. There's some smaller pieces too but they were bagged at the time of the photo. Will slice tomorrow hopefully..

xjcamaro

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2009
Your smoke house looks like a closet out of my father in laws camp. How sweet would that be......"Hey i could really go for some good bacon"......"Well just open that closet there and grab some off the hook!"

Looks good!

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Thanxs all. I gave some to my bro and he fried it up this morning. He said it was really good so I'll take his word for it. I'll slice some up tomorrow morning for breakfast since it's my monday off and then I'll slice up the rest for vac packin and post up some pics...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.