First catering event!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm firing up the Ole reliable cajun injector and I'm going to put 4 in here and 3 in the oven to finish them up. This thing hasnt seen anything but bacon or jerky in probably 5 years!
20230907_193703.jpg

Reactions: jaxgatorz and DougE
Got them finished up! I saved the juice that was in the foil and put it through a fat separator which I'll warm back up tomorrow and add back to it after it's pulled.
20230907_225100.jpg

I have about 5 cups of juice from these, I'm gonna add a little bit of brown sugar and rub then reduce it and add it when its pulled. I do this when I make ribs and it makes a nice sweet and smokey sauce.

Ok, I'll be reheating these today, I don't usually do it like this so I'm wondering what temp to go to and how long do you think it will take?

Warming back in the oven, roaster, smoker or ? In foil containers or did you put meat in vacuum sealed bags?

My cook for this event turned out perfect! Out of all the pork, finished I think it was just shy of 30 lbs and I brought home about 5 of that which I separated into 4 packs and froze. I also made about 22 lbs of dutchess wicked baked. I had 4 foil pans and 3 were put out leaving one in the cooler which mysteriously disappeared LOL! So someone really liked those haha!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky